Dorico Won't Start

Hi,
I had Dorico 3.5 SE working quite happily for a while, but now when I try to launch the app I get the white Dorico 3.5 splash screen, and it never gets any further. There are no messages, no errors, just - nothing.

I’m on Windows 10 64-bit
Soft e-Licenser (latest version, I’ve tried the recovery procedure etc.)
I’ve reinstalled Dorico 3.5
I’ve launched the VstAudioEngine3 separately, and that appears to open ok.

Where do I go from here? I’m not sure where to find logs or a crash dump, and I can’t open Dorico to ask it to generate a crash dump :frowning:

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Oliver

First try to reboot your machine to get any zombie process out of the way.
If that does not help please create a diagnostics report by hand by zipping up following folders:
C:\Users<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine_64
C:\Users<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 3.5
C:\Users<yourname>\Documents\Steinberg\Crashes

Thanks

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for following up.

I’ve rebooted several times and I did take a look at the scripts you have in the FAQ for “cleaning up Dorico” (“taskkill” etc.) that that seems to for an older version of Dorico.

I’ve zipped up the two Dorico 3.5* folders but I don’t have a \Documents\Steinberg\Crashes folder (I don’t even have a \Documents\Steinberg folder (under any user) :wink:

I looked at the application.log and it looks like it hangs just before (or at) “Initializing SKI Plugin Controller…”

Hopefully that helps point to the issue.
Best regards,
Oliver
Dorico No Startup.zip (508 KB)

From the application logs, it looks like a problem initialising the eLicenser. If you leave eLicenser Control Center running, does that allow Dorico to start correctly?

Sadly not :frowning:
(eLicenser 6.12.4.1274)

You are still on Dorico 3.5.0 but there is a newer 3.5.11 available. Please go to Steinberg Download Manager and get the update. With that it will work with you.

Ulf - you are, as they say; “the man” :wink:
I’m sorry for wasting your time when i should have checked for updates already… I guess I just couldn’t understand why it did work, and then stopped!

Anyway - I am now back in business - many thanks again!

Hello. I have installed Dorico 4 and it won’t open. It gets to audio engine and then sits there. I run Cubase 11 every day with no problems. I have a macbook pro 2019 running Catalina
Thank you

Hi @ghaggard , looks like you ran into this issue.