Double-click becomes a lottery on bigger projects

Exact same problem here. I also had Replika inserted on a track. Removed the VST (disable allone was not enough) and the problem is gone.

:slight_smile:

Me too - great to get a solution to a weird problem so quickly…was driving me crazy

Confirmed. And thanks.

r,
j,

The same problem with double click.But with or without Replika.
In Cubase 5 no problem.I think it is problem of Cubase 8 not Replika.

There’s an update for Replika out. Let’s see if it cures this.

Edit: Yep, it’s back to normal.

r,
j,

Confirmed, problem started after inserting Replika to an insert (large project, high ASIO load). But the project size was the same before, so Replika really seems to cause this issue somehow.
However, seeing all the issues with other plugs (Valhall in 8.0.0, FXPansion in 8.0.5), I doubt this kind of bugs are only the plugs fault. Cubase 8 seems to be a little bit too sensitive here.

BTW: trying to remove Replika from the insert always crashed cubase hard (selecting “no effect” for the slot). I had to select another VST instead to get rid of Replika.

Edit: Just saw the realease notes for new Replika release, there both of the described issues are listed and subject to be fixed

thank you for this thread!! Can’t believe Replikant was causing this. Thought my mouse was broken at first, then was losing my mind trying to understand why Cubase wouldn’t let me double click

Hi!

Since i’m having the same problem in 7.5.3, 8.0.5 and als be a replika user, i’ve lauched the NI service center and voila: an update is available for Replika…maybe they fixed the issue…

i’ve lauched the NI service center and voila: an update is available for Replika…maybe they fixed the issue…

Have seen other users say it fixed the problem. Haven’t got round to trying it myself.

Thanks guys, was an issue with the NI plug for me also, good thread!

same problem

DL’ing Replica Update → found no update / had the newest version already

removing Replika…

f**ck that free stuff… really…

never again installing free stuff…

Hmmmmm! i had weird experiences with my mouse last night and was convinced it was the mouse or myself, never happened before and it’s not a particularly large project and i don’t have ‘Replika’… makes me think there might be something else causing this…

the double click thing stopped with removing replika though.

what other weird things do you speak of?

Might be USB related?

Single clicking on an object and cubase perceives it as a double click, dragging an object and it will just drop of it’s own accord… only started happening recently… will run a session later today and see if it occurs again… it was only happening inside cubase which was odd…

this could be a mouse problem.

when the trigger starts breaking up it randomly registers double clicks and cant drag and drop anymore.

to test this open paint and drawn a line -a long one… when you see white break ups . its the mouse clicker at fault.

for that reason I bought a mouse that allows to change the trigger (ASUS GLADIUS)…

Seems to have abated today… just done a couple of hours on the same project with no issues… could be a flaky driver or a piece of crap under the mouse button… it was seriously annoying though, fingers crossed that’s the last of it here… ta for the input though tekniq!

no problem. I had this happen to me too once with a Logitech mouse. I painted a picture like above and wrote an Email to Logitech. Didnt have to do anything further they just sent me another mouse which worked again. same drivers, same USB…

but in regards to the environment I now bought the Asus mouse. I feel bad for throwing away a whole functioning mouse, just because a small part is broken.

Hi,

Just started happening to me - a single click is perceived as a double click. I use the scoring functions of Cubase heavily, and now selecting notes and dragging them to another bar won’t work, selecting a barline won’t work (it assumes a double-click and brings up the dialog to change the barline type), even selecting single notes assumes I want to change the note head, rather than move the note. This is a NIGHTMARE as I have a large number of scores to complete for a show that starts in 2 days.

I do not have the Replikator plug-in, and I’ve tested the mouse on other programs (Paint, etc) and it’s fine.

Did you find a solution to this?

Cubase 8.0.35, build 565
WIndows Home Premium 64 bit

Are there any other NI plugs that have been known to exhibit this behaviour?

It started happening to me in Cubase 8.5 when I upgraded to macOS Sierra. Have now updated to Cubase 9, same problem.

I’ve never had Replikator installed but have Komplete 9.

Whats even more annoying than double click not working most of the time is that the edit icon for an insert in Inspector isn’t triggered properly. It starts dragging rather than opening the plugin. Usually takes 10-20 clicks before it works.