Double/ half tempo midi clip

Hi,
just switched from Cubase 5 to Cubase 7,5 and could not find a way to do few things that I’ve been used to do.

Can’t find a way how to stretch midi clip, making it faster or slower? ( double or half tempo )

also trying to figure how to bounce midi clips from multitimbral instrument to audio?

Thanks in advance for your answer
Alex

As far as I know there is no easy way except to mixdown your midi track to audio then reimporting the audio.

Maybe you should use time stretching on midi clip ? Press “1” key twice, then drag clip.

1 Like

yes, time stretch tool just like for audio. in addition to that, you can also program logical editor scripts, so you can have a keycommand for ‘double speed’ or ‘half speed’ in midi.

Thanks, will try that. :slight_smile:
In Cubase 5 we had various scripts for midi. I miss that…

also I found on cubase blog how to make a “bounce midi to audio” script, I thought this would be easier as many other sequencers have this function just a click away. ( Studio One and Magix Samp X, Ableton Live)

I have the preset option within the logical editor (under Standard Set 1 presets) for doubling or halving tempos of midi parts… it’s always been there through all versions as far as I know.

Somehow I don’t have logical presets, it is greyed out. :frowning:

I wonder if you are doing the same procedure as me?

Select a midi part. Right click and choose ‘Midi/Logical Editor’ from the drop-down, to bring up the logical editor window. Then left click on the preset loader panel at the top left.

This gives me the menu options as shown.

Thanks, but my preset loader is empty. There is no pre-saved presets inside.

Looks like I should write to technical support.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks dickiedrummer it was helpful in my case :slight_smile:
Cheers to all