Using the latest version of Dorico (3.5.10), I’m struggling with implementing sfz expression using a VST library which has it’s own sfz sounds. I’ve been using an base switch that switches to the sfz samples.
However, the dynamics lane also shows sfz implementation from Dorico itself (that is: a short bump in dynamics), but I don’t need this. Just the VST library is enough for me to generate the sfz sound.
Am I doing something wrong? I’ve searched other topics about this and as far as I understand Dorico not always does change the dynamics lane for sfz.
Could anyone point me into the right direction? These are my first steps into programming expression maps and I’d like to do it right from the beginning.
Some things I tried:
- Use an add-on switch instead of a base switch (didn’t seem to make a difference)
- Disable the base “Natural” switch
- Remove the base “Natural” switch
- Disable all other switches I’ve created
- Remove all other switches I’ve created