Download Assistant 2022, infinite loop

Well. Need to install the latest Cubase Pro 11 update (ARA zoom problem fix).
When trying to start the assistant, it lounges the browser with a message “To authorize Steinberg Download Assistant, you must allow your browser to open Steinberg Download Assistant. Once authorization is completed, you can close this page and continue working with Steinberg Download Assistant.”
Well, no such option. Reading forums.
Syncing the clock.
Installing latest Java.
Changing the default browser to MS Edge.
Clicking on “always accept … from …”
No success.
What is going on, anybody?
Thanks in advance

Works as it should on Win 10 .

Well, I’m on Windows 10

Every time i use the download assistant the browser opens , i enter my password and then the download assistant allows me to go on with my task and i manually close the browser at any point , it must be a browser issue , i use Internet explorer , edge is very temperamental with other programs i run , very so on opening as well

I know how it suppose to work. This is not the case in my (and many many others) situation. Successful login on browser leads to the message I’ve mentioned. Glad it is working for you, however it does not helps me any.

2 Likes

With that tone , good luck with getting help

My frustration isn’t with you, please… Say you’re a developer. And you have an issue with the release of that particular version of a download assistant. So it wouldn’t hurt to put some troubleshooting guides at least. And the live chat is so outdated. it doesn’t even has a version 11 of Cubase in the dropdown menu, So no, it is not you who I am upset with. Sorry if it came out the wrong way

If your product is already activated then just go to the main steinberg page and downloads and download from there

What you mean?
Where do you live?
Maybe it’s a geo fencing thing… the communication between SDA, the login and the browser is encrypted.

In California, USA, shouldn’t be an issue…

True that…

Working fine here. Perhaps change your issue topic to something more on point. “Huge problem for many” - is neither accurate nor useful. I can understand the frustration but your goal is to get help and your issue resolved by the look of the thread. Your topic though doesn’t describe your problem at all, and attempts to make everyone elses.

My suggestion would be to reinstall the download assistant and perhaps try an alternative browser and set it as the default - that may fix the comms between the two. Other option is a firewall issue - could potentially reset that to defaults although it should as some point have asked about whether or not to block the connection (which would then become permanent).

2 Likes

Hello there. I am not sure about the accurate: the search with words “authorize Steinberg Download Assistant, you must allow your browser to open Steinberg Download Assistant. Once authorization is completed, you can close this page and continue working with Steinberg Download Assistant.” yelds dozens of forums pages, folks are really having a hard time…
I have reinstalled it several times, tried 4 browsers (not kidding) making each one of them a default one. Firewall is off completely. How would you word the topic? Would “Download Assistant infinite loop 2022” sound better? Thanks!

2 Likes

did you solve this its driving me nuts.

Hiya - did you manage to solve this?
Seeing the same behaviour (Win 10, Edge, updated SDA)

So, here is my solution.

1. Close the browser completely. Make sure there are no running processes from Chrome, for example.
  2. Start the browser in admin mode.
  3. Start Download Assistant in admin mode.
    Worked for me.
    Cheers