Download on Mac instead of Windows

Hello Dorico team / users

I upgraded to Dorico 4 a month ago and downloaded for Windows but have since gone back to Mac devices. Is it simple enough to now download for Mac instead and re-register? I’m guessing that it is all via the My Steinberg account and installer and there are probably forum posts or video tutorials to help. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Yes, you should just be able to activate it on your Macs.

I think you can deactivate old computers in the Steinberg website account.

Many thanks Ben - much appreciated :+1:

To install on a new computer, simply download and install Steinberg Download Assistant on your new machine, then run it and sign in with your Steinberg ID. Under My downloadable products you will see Dorico 4 – select that, and on the right-hand side then click Install All to download and install everything you need automatically. Once the installation is complete, simply run Dorico 4 and sign in once more with your Steinberg ID, and that’s it.

To deactivate Dorico 4 from your old computers, run Steinberg Activation Manager on the computer where you were previously running Dorico 4, and click Deactivate to release the license from that computer.

If you no longer have access to that computer, please raise a ticket with our support team and they can deactivate your old computer for you:

https://account.steinberg.net/support

Many thanks for such a clear and helpful reply, Daniel. All makes complete sense. Hopefully, the benefit of the forum is that this is now there for anyone else with the same query. Much appreciated!