Drag and drop tracks between projects?

Hi

I have Cubase 9.5 Artist installed and I’m new at it, so please forgive me if this question/answer is obvious. I tried searching for an answer without luck.

The question is:

Is it possible to drag an audio track from project A and drop it inside project B (and that way copy the audio itself and all the settings, sends etc)? I have tried with two projects open at the same time, but it doesn’t allow me to drop the track inside the target project.

It would be an incredibly convenient feature to have and I read somewhere (not in this forum) that it should be possible.

Any suggestions?

Hi there

Maybe not drag and drop, but definitely export selected track, then import into the target project. Or copy and past clips and events between projects you can also do also.

Best Regards, Dave

Hi,
Yes that should work as described, i am using this for years and years.
I’m on 9.5 pro, and always has used the "pro"version.
So i don’t know if there is a difference between pro and artist in this functionality.

Everything should be copied, except for the fx send plugin, they are on different channels.
but if the fx plugin is already in the new project, then that will work to.

Thanks both.

@Tsjah: interesting. How do I find out IF this is an official difference between pro and artist? Are Steinberg good at replying to questions?