Drag to copy and Snap,,,How??Half Solved

Hi All

I feel a bit stupid asking this but it’s strange. I have 8.5 Pro on my main studio machine and C8 Elements on my business/Internet machine. If I highlight a part and drag while holding down Cntrl/Alt it copies the part and snaps it into place according to my snap settings. HOWEVER this is ONLY working on the “Elements” machine, the main Studio machine with 8.5 only copies the part but doesn’t snap it into place at all, I’m sure it used to work but… The preferences seem similar on both machines, anyone got any ideas?

Best Regards

Dave

Have you turned the snap on?
Untitled.jpg

HI Mrhehon, yes I have turned it on, I have this working as it should on my c8 “Elements” machine but not on the studio C8.5 pro machine, as I mentioned I’m sure it used to work, but not for a while now, I just had a project where I needed to use it a lot and had to work around it. I’m pretty Cubase savvy but am perplexed by this.

What is your grid type?
What is your quantisation setting?
Is snap to zero crossing activated?

Hi All

This still has me puzzled, I went into preferences and changed the Drag and Drop Tool Modifier from Ctrl where I normally have it to Shift, and now it works perfectly. On my other machine with C8 Elements that preference is still set to Ctrl and works fine! What gives??? I suppose I can live with it but I’d prefer the correct solution.

Best Regards

Dave

2 Likes