Draw a simple vertical line? (Key Editor)

Hey all! I am brand new to Cubase, adding it alongside ProTools (as a long-time user, not a DAW or recording noob). I am desperately trying to figure out how @GregOndo manages to draw node-to-node diagonal (linear?) lines as he demonstrates while discussing the new (amazingly awesome!) pitch bend editing features in C11. It’s at about 3:30 in a video that I can’t apparently post since I am new to the forums?? It’s the " New MIDI Key Editor Features | Walkthrough of the New Features in Cubase 11" on the Cubase YouTube channel, from Nov 11, 2020.
I’ve tried the Line tool, along with taking off snap, etc. I always wind up with gobs of continuous node points instead just a simple point A to point B diagonal line. If I just use the pencil tool, it draws a straight vertical line up/down. I need the diagonal so I can then easily grab in the middle to get a nice curve going for the pitch bend (just like he does in the video). I’ve done some Web scouring, but no luck. I’m sure I’m missing something easy-- any assist would be greatly appreciated-- tyvm!!

Larry

You understood correctly - spam prevention measure.
Here’s the url: New MIDI Key Editor Features | Walkthrough of the New Features in Cubase 11 - YouTube

Also, I’ve enabled posting links for you.

1 Like

The spot in the video, New MIDI Key Editor Features | Walkthrough of the New Features in Cubase 11 - YouTube is specifically about pitchbend – is that what you’re referring to?

Hi Steve- Yes- I am interested in using it for pitch bend in terms of my current project, but in theory this should apply to drawing any kind of line in the Key Editor? Regardless, if I can learn how to do what he does in the video in that section (draw a straight linear diagonal line between two edit points and then grab/add curves in between), I’d be so happy! :slight_smile: Ty!

First set Ramp mode from the controller lane setup menu

Then just click once each at the start and then at the end of the desired line.

1 Like

And for the notes area of the key editor, use the line tool

1 Like

OMG! RAMP! lol- TY so much! Hallelujah. It’s so often something simple. Really appreciate the help, Steve!! :grinning: :+1:

:smiley:

1 Like