In the Key Editor, if one draws on a controller lane without Snap, and then toggles Snap on and draws again using Snap Type ‘Grid’, the newly drawn data does not adhere to the Snap in the areas where there is data already.
How to reproduce:
- Open the Key Editor on a part in a MIDI or Instrument track
- Select a controller lane e.g. Modulation CC1
- Disable ‘Snap’
- Draw data on the controller lane
- Enable ‘Snap’ and set Snap Type to ‘Grid’
- Draw data on the controller lane over the existing data
→ Result: newly drawn data only adheres to Snap on the parts of the controller lane where there is no existing data
If I’m decyphering this correctly, drawing on the controller lane with Snap Type ‘Grid’ not only snaps to the grid but also incorrectly to events.
Cubase Pro 11.0.20 Build 371
Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 Build 18363