Dream Cubase Controller

Yes and it works perfectly with the PT Control app on Ipad, by far the best Ipad controller for Cubase, amazing…

Yea I gotta say nuage is probably the best controller I’ve seen for any daw!!although the mackie control is nice cause I have it on a locator stand right on my left…there is nowhere I can ever put the nuage system anywhere in my studio with the console there…I would love a nuage…maybe just the main if it would fit on the stand!!!

Plus one for sure! I also want a way for Cubase to update the open plugins I am looking at to mirror the selected channel. Studio One works like this (and some other DAWs) and it is such a time saver. You of course still have the option to pin any plugin open if you wish. Right now to save my wrist from too much mousing and clicking I use a touch screen to select the plugin parameter and the AI knob of my cmc controller to change the parameter. Not perfect, but it works. Touch and drag can be too inaccurate for me and feels wrong, but sometimes I do it. This UI experience is still too Add-Hoc and clumsy. This type of user interaction with the software is the number one thing IMO that needs improvement in Cubase and all DAWs for that matter. Less menus, less steps, less hidden fold away tabs, less clicking, etc. DAWs for the most part have been designed to mimic the analog world…consoles, channel strips, plugins that look like the modeled rack unit, whatever, and it has sent GUI designers astray from what would be most efficient. And when you work with software for hours on end every day, efficient is what you want. BTW I will try that ProTools ipad app. The Cubase iPad app sucks except for the key commands section which is great! I would love a native key commands panel (with customized buttons) for use with my touch screen. Maybe some third party app exists but again not something I want to do.

AS I said, PT Control on the Ipad and Eucon is amazing!

I have really been enjoying using the Nektar Panorama P1.

There are only two downsides:
No automated faders - you’d be unrealistic expecting them at this price
The usual 4 digit track name limit.

Other than that I have found it works seamlessly with C9 - especially now that you don’t need to re-boot Cubase if you forget to plug the P1 in.

I tried the ProTools app and it is nice but unfortunately I ran into the ’ maximum allowable hardware Channels has been exceeded’ bug. This instantly chrashes Cubase and eucon if you are using it with project exceeding 36 channels, I believe. Also it doesn’t follow Cubase with hidden channels. Too bad as I might look into the ProTools dock if this would get worked out. Looks like the bug has been around for a looong time though. Typical.

I didn’t know about this “maximum allowable hardware Channels has been exceeded” bug, I’ll have to investigate further. I thought it might be to good to be true (I almost bought a hardware eucon controller).

I initially experienced the same issue but not any more. Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint the exact cure because I changed a few things about my setup. I think it was most likely that I changed my wireless router.

Unfortunately not something I can do right now. I think it can also be connected with a lightning to either net cable or whatever in between components you need. Don’t have time to try right now.

I just read in another forum that softube console 1(which i decided to buy verey recently and still waiting for) can be programmed using midi cc…anybody with experience on this?cause that would be perfect for many many plugins…

Hi. I’ve been eyeing the P1, the one thing I can’t quite figure out is if I can use it at the same time as a midi keyboard. For instance, if I’m playing a plugin synth patch with the keyboard via midi through my RME card, can I tweak filters and envelopes for that synth et on the P1 at the same time?

Be most grateful if anyone knows.

Did anyone tried this? http://www.14bitmidi.com/
New version is around the corner and it will be even better es it is now: Junkie XL Touchscreen Tutorial question | Page 4 | VI-CONTROL

Cheers!

I’m trying to make SL Mk2 work like a dream controller. First have to climb over this obstacle:

The automap is supported on win but not on osx? My automap setup don’t show cubase9 at all on my system.

I tried the new automap for windows and no Waves plugins showed up.

I just discovered this today. Presonous 16 faders, $1000. Maybe down the road potential for 32?

There are some drawbacks compared to Mackie and QconPro, but based on what I read, but for the price and assuming reality works like on paper, I think it’s a winner and gives all competition a real challenge. This is assuming it ships soon and not in 2 years like others.

Sound on Sound did a review of the 8 channel version and, although they liked it for Studio One, for other DAWs it wasn’t as useful.

Can’t beat a keyboard with your key commands laid out and memorized, IMO.

Beyond that, I’d be happy with a single 100mm motorized fader similar to Faderport (which I have), but with soft-touch keys and non-abandonware drivers for mac!

I couldn’t find a link to show the missing functions in other DAWs. Do you happen to know? Thanks!

Here’s the conclusion of the article:

Although the basic functionality is there, the MCU and HUI support promises much more than it delivers. Rummaging around the Internet there are people out there using these modes successfully with Pro Tools, Cubase and other DAWs. However, there does seem to be some miss-steps here that push the Faderport 8 into being less than ideal in certain DAW control areas. Issues with fader jumps or meters appearing to be seconds behind the audio can be ignored or worked around, but when basic, documented functionality is inaccessible, or when buttons trap you in places you can’t back out of then the onus is on PreSonus to provide a more workable user experience. With much of my Faderport 8 time outside of Studio One I found it’s a wonderful thing that unexpectedly trips up, falls over and plummets down a chasm of frustration.

In Studio One, though, it’s an entirely different story. Had they released the Faderport 8 as purely a dedicated controller for Studio One then this would be a five-star review, no problem. The integration is slick, smooth, intuitive and, above all, useful. It drops nicely into the Studio One workflow and, with a little bit of setting up of third-party plug-ins, gives you great hands-on control over everything in your project. I do miss those pan pots and many will miss the scrub wheel, but you probably won’t notice the missing master fader [especially if you own the original Faderport, since the two work well together and its single fader can serve this function - Ed].

With a street price of $499 Faderport 8 undercuts the Behringer X-Touch and any other motorised DAW controller by quite a margin. And let’s not forget that it comes with Studio One Artist in the box. MCU and HUI quirkiness aside, it’s a great price for a classy controller that’s perfect for the Studio One user — just be careful if you use it with anything else.

Thank you.

The deal breaker for myself, which I should have noticed but didn’t because of temporary excitement, is no dedicated pan pots. And with MCU those transform into rotary controls for any VST/VSTI which is missing here. Also I assume VST/VSTI parameters must be controlled by the slider pots…which is not good.

Back to dreaming…