Driver issues?

Hello, I have a Windows 10 operating system. I have Cubase 10.5 LE as my DAW and I recently upgraded my interface to a Focusrite Clarett 8 PRE USB from an old Zoom R16. I just had a Dell tech scan my computer systems and everything seems to be fine so my issues are either with Cubase or Focusrite, trying to narrow it down? By the way the issue I’m about to explain was occurring on my old computer and my older version of Cubase and my older interface but it seems to be worse now after all my upgrades which is the opposite of what I wanted to happen. The best way to describe my issue is that when I’m mixing music in my DAW my scroll bar will freeze/pause for no apparent reason. It can last a couple seconds or sometimes 10-15 seconds and is often accompanied by crappy digital noise. Then the scroll bar will jump ahead but there will be no more sound coming from the monitors. Sometimes on the individual instrument tracks there will still be the greenish bars jumping up and down as if it’s playing but no sound and other times just nothing. The usual fix is to reboot my computer and then go back into Studio Set Up and refresh the Driver. increasingly that doesn’t help and I have to close everything and reboot again until I get sound again. Could it be a buffer issue? I’m running at 512. The Driver I’m using is the Focusrite USB Driver that came with the new hardware. Sometimes I’ll default or switch to a generic driver and have a little success but usually it doesn’t work either or the Pausing/skipping issue is worse. Sorry this is so long winded but if anybody has a clue about what I’m having trouble with I’d greatly appreciate your help!!! Sincerely Chris Fitz

Hi,

This could be Buffer Issue.

Could you test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please?