Drum editor not showing correct grid

Ok, this is doing my head in… I think there’s something wrong here…

I’m in the drum editor and I’ve changed the grid to triplets (1/8T) but when I put the snap on, the grid changes back to standard 1/16ths… and when I switch the snap off the grid changes back to triplets!!

When the snap is on the notes only snap to the 1/16 grid positions, but if I hit Q the notes jump to the triplet positions… I’m sure somethings wrong here…

I’ve never had this problem before, and it seems to work fine in the key editor but not in the drum editor…

Am I missing something?

This is the Mac version of Cubase Pro 8 version 8.0.10

surely the snap being on or off shouldn’t affect the way the grid is displayed… I’ve just tried this again with another new project and the same thing

That certainly is not normal.
Try removing your Cubase Preferences folder (and of any previous version of Cubase), so that it will be rebuilt on next launch… see if that fixes it. (then, if so, put your original Preferences elements back, a bit at a time… I wouldn’t be surprised if the culprit is Defaults.xml :wink: )

Thanks, I’ll look into it again next time I use it

As far as I’m aware, this problem went away after doing a fresh installation of my operating system and of cubase.