Drum Tool Added to the Key Editor

As a music producer I want the fastest way from my brain to the key editor so that I can move quickly and swiftly through the music making process.

Currently there is no overall smart tool for insert note, delete note, resize note, move note, in the key editor. The Drum editor does this better currently.

Possible Acceptance Criteria:

Given I am a user of the key editor I now have access to the drum tool in the key editor (one quick option to make it better, fast, in a point update,
surprise people!)
Given I am a user of the smart tool, one click adds a note
Given I am a user of the smart tool, one click (left or right) Deletes a note
Given I am a user of the smart tool, hover over side of note changes to pointer tool, can resize note
Given I am a user of the smart tool, double click opens the expression map

Something like the above is one of those features that a lot of the current user base does not realize they need. It is game changing for key editing.
Adding this will likely increase market share for Cubase and help maintain the current user base.

The DAW market is competitive and this is one area where Cubase can get even better, than it already is, with likely less effort, than a more advanced feature set. I’d take the weighted shortest job first approach on this feature. Figure out the effort size and look at the impact. This is a great move towards a better Cubase workflow.

+1

The key editor in FL Studio is a great example of something like this.