Drumagog on 6.5 projects has no sound

Hi .
I am getting a lot of unresponsive behavior from C7.0.1
and also GUI freezes. posting a snapshot of the plugin preset list frozen on the GUI… these were not happening on C7

It’s hard to make out but is that a SynthEdit plugin?

This is a freebie developed by UGO. running thru JBRIDGE.Maybe this plug is earlier than vst2.4. and there is a strong possibility this is a synth edit plug.

That’s the most annoying thing I ever encountered: When I try to save, either CTRL-S or Save As- Cubase 7.0 just hangs, and after CTRL-ALT-DEL close and re-opening, the project is not saved, only suggest to revert to the last autosave. What gives?

An issue where files can never be saved would surely have been vehemently reported, but it’s clear that people are able to save their projects.

Please, we are trying to follow the forum guidelines to get our issues seen and understood. There are many, and the moderators are noting them. Please help avoid hindering their efforts.

Kindly refer to this Steinberg Forums

And this: Steinberg Forums

I’m sorry if I written something that doesn’t comply with the rules, but I don’t see how exactly it doesn’t comply…
Anyway, it doesn’t always happen. Only sometimes. And since I’m a professional I can’t afford these kind of bugs. I got cubase 6.5 on the same system and no problems with it, so I reverted back to 6.5 for the time being. Bt I believe it means the problem is not my system or hardware, because it only happens in C7

Resolved: Trillian as an instrument channel caused it. Please fix.

Cubase 7 64bit (no revision)

I have 2 64 bit VST’s

Guitar rig 5 (latest)
BFD2 (latest)

my system has always been stable until I installed BFD2

since installing BFD2, cubase will crash if I try to load a project that is has GR in an insert slot and BFD in a vst instrument slot.
it will ‘not’ crash on load if either one is not being used in the project.

the system runs both vst’s fine when the project is open but on next load it will crash
in other words it only crashes on next load

workaround:
If I remove BFD2 from the VST slot before saving and exiting cubase, the project will load ok next time but I then need to re-insert BFD2

if this were only one VST crashing cubase I would look at the VST for the problem, but as both work fine but only crash if being used together in the same project suggests that the problem ‘could’ be cubase related.

I have the dump file but do not know where to sent it?

Using cubase 7.0.1 32bits with windows 7 64bits:

1. Open a VSTi inside the rack and without creating automatic midi track.
  2. Create a midi track.
  3. connect the midi track to the opened VST → Cubase crashes and makes a dump.

Or

1. Open a VSTi inside the rack and ask the automatic creation of a midi track → Same effect Cubase crashes.

It’s perfectly steady with cubase 6.5 32&64bits, even with cubase 7.0.1 64bits, but not with cubase 7.0.1 32bits
and it occurs with any VSTi.

According to steinberg support, it’s now confirmed.

Hi there,

Is anyone else having a problem with FXpansion Geist crashing the latest version Cubase 7? This is the only plugin i have that crashes Cubase instantly after opening. Iv’e attached 3 images here i already emailed FXpansion about this but it’s holiday time and no joy as of yet with a reply.
I have a load of vst’s (x64) here but Geist is the only one with Black GUI and causing crashes. There was a problem with Fabfilter Twin2 last week but i reported that one and it was fixed. Anyone here having the Geist issue? Much appreciated for any advice.

Cheers

Rob
Geist 3.PNG

Geist 1.PNG

Yep, Geist no likey C7.01 x64 on Win7 x64.

I’ve tried it with/without ASIO Guard and with/without multi-channel enabled.

KABOOM

Thanks alot… will wait and see if i get a response from FXpansion in the new year about this.

Best

Rob

Anyone else getting this problem

I’m a big fan of Trilogy Bass and dont want to dump it, it has served me well, in cubase 4,5, 6 and 6.5 and has ran without any issues, now on upgrading to Cubase 7 it doesnt work.

Any ideas?

How doesn’t it work? Does it not show up in your VST rack? Does it crash upon opening? Does nothing appear when you load it? Does it automatically download pictures of glazed hams? You should give details so that people have an idea of what could be the issue.

Delete the 3 VST XML files from your Cubase Application Data Folder and all the program to re-scan your plugins.

Trilogy pops up with an authorisation failure on opening cuvase 7, however I have found a way around this, I have found that uninstalling the cubase 7 e licencer software and installing the old e licencer software from 6.5 has down the trick and now trilogy is working fine with cubase 7

Hi, I have problem with Atmosphere Trilogy but when, after adding VSTi displayed graphics. Otherwise trilogy works for me only if I give backward compatibility …

All of the old Trilogy sounds are in Trillian I think, and it’s well worth the upgrade.

If you are talking about 64bit Trilogy never got updated, i hear it doesn’t work with jbridge - Unfortunately It means you have to go with Trillian and thats about 50gb :mrgreen:

Trilogy (Jbridged) works just fine for me in Cubase 7. No need to upgrade to Trillian if you don’t want to…