Dry vocals with EQ & Compressor (but there's Unwanted reverb)

Hello,

1. I am hearing Reverb in my vocal recording (without any midi track) and I didn’t select any sent etc.
    pls help.

2. Can I upgrade to Cubase Pro 10 at Eur169.99
    by downloead without buying the USB- Elicenser ?

3. Any help (tutorial video) on recording dry vocals added with compressor and Equarlizer?

4. How to copy digits of Cursor position? :smiley:

Thank you.

My gear is
UR242 on
Cubase LE AI Elements 10 (bundle).
OEM WIndows 10 64bit, 16GB Ram
Rode NT2A microphone

I used to use Cakewalk, a newbie with Cubase.

The Price will probably depend on where you are located. Here the upgrade is € 224,50.
If you mean the crossgrade, then certainly, if you own the necessary competitor software to qualify for the crossgrade.
You can upgrade, but you can not run Pro 10 without the USB eLicenser.

The reverb you hear might be due to latency issues on your soundcard.

If you record an instrument (vocals) in a room and then compress it it’s often the case that the “reverb” gets more apparent.

Compression reduces peaks. Generally people then adjust the total level after compression by using “makeup gain”. So the effect is that the loudest parts are as loud as before, but the softer parts become louder.

These softer parts can absolutely be the sound of the room that the instrument was recorded in, so in other words compression can bring out the natural “reverb” of the room.

I this is not the problem then you have to show the project with any plugins etc so we can help you troubleshoot it.

I don’t think this has anything to do with latency.