DSP integration into Cubasen 7

I must be completely challenged. I am not seeing what the PDF manual is saying I should. No easy routing of DSP effect, as I thought I would.

Maybe I just need to start over tomorrow. BTW, I am not new to Cubase, I am just new to the interface.

If anyone has a link to something that explains this, or what the hell I am doing wrong. …

Aw hell, why don’t they say, that it is the ‘Channel Racks’ in the Cubase 7 mixer? And why didn’t I spend a couple more hours reading the manual? lol

Anyway, mods can just delete this thread. I am getting it now. :slight_smile:

These things are sent to test us…!

What was it you are running Jimmy - the UR 28M or 824…? I’m interested in learning a bit more about the UR28M and its integration/use in C7…

Bob

EDIT {oops…! just seen your other posts - you’ve got a second UR824…! Nice one - good luck…!}

Hey Jimmys69,

Have you managed to access the hardware effects of your slave UR824 unit? I haven’t managed to get this yet - I can access the effects on teh master okay, but I get a reduced feature set for the ADAT connected unit in the mixconsole. Perhaps I need to switch on the effects via the DSPmixFX and then save it?

Steve.

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to set up the DSP and channel routing for the UR28m within Cubase 7? The manual doesn’t seem to cover the changes in Cubase 7, and as I’m new to the program the whole thing doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Thanks in advance!

Set up your ins and outs in CB7 as normal (i.e. same as in previous versions). In the Mixer, ensure Input channels are shown (Manual Pg. 180) and then ensure that the “Hardware” Rack is visible in the Rack display (Manual Pg. 181) [This is most likely the missing piece of the puzzle, as the Harware rack is specifically not shown in the Manual - one of numerous errors in the existing PDF - we’re hoping a newer edition will be forthcoming.]
The display in the hardware rack corresponds to that given in the UR28 Operation Manual (Pg. 17)
P.S. If you enable a stereo pair input and simultaneously create two mono pairs for each only the stereo pair will show a hardware rack! The reverse is also true - i.e. creating two mono inputs for L and R before creating an additional Stereo input for the pair will result in Hardware racks for the mono ins but none for the stereo in. This is normal behaviour and subject to your discretion.

OK - FWIW I am using Cubase 7.0.5 on a Mac with the latest UR28M software/drivers/firmware and I see no option for ‘Hardware Rack’ in the Racks drop-down menu. Is it called something different on the Mac version?

I am currently only using 2 mono ins, and I have only mono channels/tracks defined so I think that part is OK…

It will just be called “Hardware”. I’ll see if I can get a screenshot later on - my Studio is booked for the week but I may be able to get a moment later in the evening.

I managed to get the Hardware racks to appear - I needed to reinstall the software/drivers for the UR28M. I’ll play around with it a bit more, but I wasn’t actually able to get any of the DSP FX to work (e.g. Rev-X). In addition to sounding as if the signal was being doubled (with a slight delay), none of the DSP seemed to be working. Previously I was just enabling the DSP within the standalone APP and running that in the background with Cubase in the foreground (for live performance). I may go back to that setup if I can’t get things working properly.