DSP That ROCKS Halion's World!

Ok,

So based on my purchases of various VST instruments that run on Halion…it seems that most sound designers don’t utilize the audio insert DSP possibilities very much.

I THINK were missing a LOT here. So here is my list of the DSP in Halion that ROCKS!

1. Tube Compressor: SUPER NICE. Put it on your sound and it will get like 15% better just because.

2. Multi-Band Compressor: Crank up the high end with this compressor. Good for adding “sparkle”.

3. DJ EQ- I used to think this was useless. Now I use it every time! Think of it as a 3 way filter. It does not sound at all like a true “eq” to my ears. Great for cleaning up the low end. The mid band is not that useful but can be at times.

4. H3 Enhancer: Sounds like the Multi-Band Compressor with some additional DSP thrown in. Not bad for layer differentiation.

5. H3 Parametric EQ: Great for getting rid of the shrieking 8K! PLUS more cut/boost than available in the other 2 main EQ’s.

Ok…so that sums it all up! Hope this was helpful! I think a possible path forward is to utilize the WHOLE SYNTH when making sounds. It definitely saves me time mixing!

Amadeus e.d.p.

I agree, and will also mention that the HALion synth engine is excellent. Don’t just scroll through stock presets, go in and make your own sounds. Subtractive, Granular, Wavetable or all of them layered together into a program with the effects mentioned in Amedeus’s post.