dspMixFx Functionality on Android

Hi,

Since there isn’t an Android version of dspmixfx software, does Cubasis have this functionality built-in? Will I be able to control the mixing and DSP functions of my UR44 interface?

Somehow relevant, is there a trial version that we can download? If I wont be able to control my UR44, it doesnt make a lot of sense to purchase Cubasis and invest on an Android migration.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I too have the UR44 and i am hoping we will be able to connect it to an Android tablet now that we finally have Cubasis on Android.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Since there isn’t an Android version of dspmixfx software, does Cubasis have this functionality built-in? Will I be able to control the mixing and DSP functions of my UR44 interface?

Cubasis for Android does not support or include any dspMixFx related features.

Somehow relevant, is there a trial version that we can download? If I wont be able to control my UR44, it doesnt make a lot of sense to purchase Cubasis and invest on an Android migration.

For now, there is no trial version available, but we consider and evaluate options for a feasible Cubasis LE for Android release. Such kind of app could allow users to test drive a smaller Cubasis feature set in demo mode. Available releases will be announced through our regular channels.

I too have the UR44 and i am hoping we will be able to connect it to an Android tablet now that we finally have Cubasis on Android.

Cubasis for Android offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks, Lars! Apparently, a lot of people are asking similar questions so it’s nice to know that I am not alone here.

Cubasis for Android offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.

Please forgive my bluntness but what’s the point of Cubasis with limited audio and MIDI hardware support? If this is an alpha software, it’s an expensive one indeed.

Hi utkugenc,

Thank you for your message.

Please forgive my bluntness but what’s the point of Cubasis with > limited audio and MIDI hardware support> ? If this is an alpha software, it’s an expensive one indeed.

We’re pretty confident that Cubasis for Android is by ni means an alpha software.

If the app might be of interest for you, I’d suggest to give it a go and try it out.
There is the chance for a refund if things does not work as expected.

As of yet, many users seems to enjoy using the app (given the current app rating and feedback).

Best,
Lars

Bumping thread… does anyone know if dspMixFx will ever be available on Android? Or can Cubasis / plug-ins make use of DSPs available on modern Snapdragon CPUs?

1 Like

I also would strongly encourage the provision of the tablet apps for Android too. It’s disappointing that these are currently Mac-only. P.S. On Google, I saw a few links to sites claiming Android versions of dspmixfx (e.g. androidapk-s dot com) but are these fakes??

1 Like

Hi all,

Cubasis is made by a separate team, unrelated to the makers of the dspMixFx app.
I’d suggest to state your request in the hardware/dspMixDx app forum.

Thanks!

Lars

2 Likes

Thanks Lars. Will do that. It would be super cool to have the excellent revx/channel strip/ amp modelling available on comparitively resource-constrained devices like Android phones!

3 Likes