Dual-base tempo indication

I would like to indicate a dual-base tempo, as in the picture attached. At the moment I am just putting the two as actual tempo entries, just positioning the second right after the first manually (and setting the second to suppress playback, although perhaps not necessary). It does not work to type in w=56 (h=112). Is it more proper/safe to enter the second as music text ? And, so far, I do not find a way to group these to necessarily stay next to each other if editing that changes horizontal spacing. So I leave it to final stage.

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 2.47.37 PM

One could enter them both as System Text and then hide the real MM marking. That should help keep them together.

1 Like

Thank you! I was able to duplicate the above visually using your suggestion. Only the music text whole note needed a baseline shift to vertically align. To “hide” the tempo itself I could not explicitly find in properties (in Engrave) an option for that, but there was color, so I just made it 0% opacity.

I’ve not tried it, but could you use the MusicText part as the text property of the MM?

To hide the actual tempo mark, untick both the “metronome mark” and “text” properties. It should be replaced by a signpost.

1 Like

Okay, this is the best way, not so much a trick.