Dual monitors with different resolution do not work together

I have a Radeon RX460 powering a 40" main monitor desktop extended to a 27" ultrawidescreen secondary monitor for meters and such. In Cubase this works fine. In Wavelab, plugins refuse to draw on the 2nd monitor, and proportions get all out of whack when i use it for anything. Advice please? TIA

Prefs>Display>Show App in high DPI - turning this off allows me to drag plugin windows to the 2nd monitor. However they are too small to read, unlike with Cubase which automatically makes larger anything dragged to the extended desktop.

Steinberg, can you offer this option for Wavelab too? i.e. can we resize the Master Section and similar floating windows?

Using wavelab 10.0.30 ?

Yes

I realize that scaling plugin windows may be limited based on plugin designer limitations. But they’re just too small on the 2nd monitor, can’t read much of anything.

Sounds more like a resolution mismatch between the monitors (in WL, anyway…). What are the resolutions?

Prefs>Display>Show App in high DPI - turning this off allows me to drag plugin windows to the 2nd monitor.

Under Windows, when you use monitors which have different scaling, you should better use

1. WaveLab >= 10.0.30
  2. high DPI ON

Else you encounter the kind of problems you mention.
Here I run with 3 monitors with 3 different scaling: 100% (main screen), and 150 and 200%
I have rarely any GUI issue.

You should better have a stable layout too: keep the same windows on the same screens rather than moving things around.