Dual/Multi-Mono Plugin Mode

A single stereo (or multi-channel) plugin with a mono instance of the plugin on each side (like in Pro Tools and Logic) would be a very welcome feature to see in the next version of Cubase.

This works wonders for widening the stereo image by setting slightly different parameter values of the same plugin on each side.

Seen this suggested before, but somehow this useful and convenient feature gets neglected every year.
Not sure, if VST3 standard supports such an option, but it would surely save a lot of trouble/time, if it would be possible to avoid setting up this trick with mono FXs tracks.

1 Like

+1000

1 Like

I totally agree and I support this idea
In mean time (if at all) try this method:
Dual Mono Mode for plugins (like Logic X) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

+1

1 Like

Please!! We need that option desperately!

1 Like

I have been using the method suggested by Tomek (thanks, man - I really appreciate it):

It takes 2 plugin slots (or 4, if you’re doing M/S processing), which sucks, if you are on older versions of Cubase with 8 plugin slots, but it does work.

It takes 2 plugin slots (or 4, if you’re doing M/S processing), which sucks, if you are on older versions of Cubase with 8 plugin slots, but it does work.

Yeah. Thats the workaround I have been using as well. But it could be way faster when mixing, when you don’t have to adjust settings in both plugin instances.
Say you’ve got a compressor in slot 1 and 2 both in mono routing… you then adjust the threshold in slot 1, but then have to adjust the same setting in slot 2 as well for it to work correctly.
See Protools or Logic. Could be much faster in our workflow.

Its 2023… PLEASE!!!

It’s 2004! Please! Now it is Cubase13! Why hasn’t it been implemented yet?