[DUPE]C8 crash with Yamaha Studio Manager (for 01V96VCM)

Yes it works, I have full functionality of the Studio Manager windows again! The update also took care of the dreaded “crash on exit” issue as well. So far, so good! I do have to manually re-synchronize my DM1000 with my PC, but that is a small price to pay for having the SM windows work again. it’s weird, if I click on the title bar the synchronize window comes up again, in previous versions it would load automatically, which it appears to be doing, it just is kind of hard to get to as it is behind all of the windows, tough to find it to click the OK button.

I just managed to try it shortly both in 32bit and 64bit Cubase (my OS is W7)
And yes, it is working, but still have to check how to deal with the new windows behaviour with my two displays.
I was used to switch between the maximized Project Window and the maximized Editor Window on one monitor while
keeping or opening other windows (plug-ins, editors etc.) on the second monitor and move them freely around as necessary.
Now it seems the Editor window behaves a little bit differently in 32bit then in 64bit…
Reverting upon checking a little bit more…

Steinberg,
do you have intention of fixing this issue where SM is hidden under project window on startup?
It is a real pain to use workarounds and this holds me back on 7.5.
Same problem here with motu: Motu Control Panel problem - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
I use both motu and sm and both have the same problem with cubase 8 and 8.5.
You can imagine how it feels not to be able to use current versions because of some minor window
management issues…

Please consider this for your next update!!!

Anyone from steinberg?