Duplex A4 Printing on an HP2300N

I have a HP2300n single sided A4 laser printer. When I select the duplex option ‘‘both sides manually’’ in Sibelius it prints on one side and then shows a screen reminder to turn the paper over and round before pressing the OK button to print the other side.

With Dorico the same options would appear to be available from the print settings but the program just prints all pages continuously single sided.

Are there any plans to modify this to allow duplex printing on single sided printers in Dorico?

See https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=105886&p=713225&hilit=Duplex#p713225 and please search in future.

I agree, I should have searched but I don’t think suggestions in the link above answers the question entirely. Selecting ‘Booklet’ puts the image 2 up on a page and stops the selection of a page range to enable testing. Outputting to PDF seems to be the only solution to this and another problem I have with automatic booklet printing on an A3 duplex capable Brother MFC-J6910DW printer where manually printing both sides is fine but automatic duplex printing causes the image to be offset.

The only question you actually asked was “Are there any plans to modify this to allow duplex printing on single sided printers in Dorico?”

To which the link I posted basically replies “yes, this is a bug. We’ll fix it in the future but for now you’ll need to export to PDF and print from there”. I realise this is a paraphrase rather than a quote.

As to your other questions, why didn’t you say so in the first place?! I’m sure someone knowledgeable will be along to answer them, but the offset thing sounds like a printer driver setting as opposed to a Dorico issue.