Dynamic Text Font Style

Is this working OK? I’m trying to adjust the size (Engrave / Font Styles / Dynamic Text Font / Size) - but whatever I do, it just stays the same.

The ‘Dynamic Text Font’ style is used for the non-bold italic text for things like “sub.” or “molto” rather than for the bold italic dynamics themselves. Those are actually drawn using what are called composites, which are more sophisticated objects rather than simply one or two glyphs from a font, and unfortunately at present you don’t have access to change their size directly via the user interface. This is of course in our plans.

Hi Daniel, as usual, I’m coming extra late to a post. And queries regarding how to get a personal look for my scores.
Any updates on this? I want to use a personalized font for dynamics (among many other things), and hoping to set up templates in version 4?
Basically want to rid myself of serif! :grinning:
I should, as usual as well, playback is of no importance, so if there are some modifications that cause issues with playback, that’s not a big deal.

You can use Library > Music Symbols to change the appearance of all of the immediate dynamics symbols.

1 Like