Dynamics not showing up in part

Hi Everyone,

I’m having a weird problem with inputting dynamics, and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I put dynamics on a snare drum staff in the score, but they don’t appear in the part for some reason. I have everything set to global, but no matter what, the dynamics aren’t transferring to the individual snare part.

In an even weirder twist, some of the dynamics have transferred to the part. When I click on them in the score, they highlight in the part and vise versa. And to make things even more magical, some dynamics that are the same won’t highlight in the score when selected in the part.

This is the only part where this is happening. Everything else is transferring over just fine.

I appreciate any help if anyone can figure this out, hopefully before I pull all my hair out.

Can you attach the file? Or a cut-down version?

Percussion kits do not work like other instruments. Dynamics entered for the five-line representation do not end up on the individual instrument lines and vice versa.

That’s it! When I change the lines, it does correct the dynamics. However, I want the snare part to be a single line in the score and 5 lines in the part, so I suppose shift+command+A all the dynamics and copy them over to the part. Thank you!