Dynamics playback problem.

Dorico file is here: https://stash.miloonline.net/dorico/dynamics_playback_bad.dorico

When the file is opened, dynamics playback looks and sounds like this (click the image for audio):

If I select the erase tool in the Playback tab, then draw a rectangle encompassing all of the points in the Dynamics graph (thereby deletng them), then immediately undo the deletions, dynamics playback looks and sounds like this (click the image for audio):

Obviously, this latter is what I want, and what I would expect to see/hear.

Unfortunately, when I save then close the file, I find upon reopening it that playback has reverted to its original faulty state.

Now what?

This appears to be a bug, which we’ll look into. In the meantime, if you use the line tool to add the gradual dynamic increase that the hairpin should produce, you should find that is both played back correctly and persists after you close and reopen the project.

Ah, simpler still: select the fp<f dynamics in Write mode and group them. I think what’s happening is that when there are two dynamic groups at the same position (fp, and <), which one “wins” is somehow indeterminate. Fortunately it’s preferable for this little sequence of dynamics – which is in any case a single musical gesture – to be grouped in any case.

Sweet, grouping the dynamics fixed the playback, thank you!