East West Expression Map

You should instantiate one instance of Play, and load the sounds you need into each slot, then assign in the Endpoint Setup dialog the appropriate expression map to each channel, then save a playback template that uses this configuration. When you later user this playback configuration, it should load only a single instance of Play provided you don’t have more instruments than are available in the instance you set up. You can consult the Dorico 3 Version History PDF for full details on how to set up a playback template.

Hi Daniel

Thank’s. I like the playback templat and can handle it.
What I mean is.
I created 1 template with the string instruments. (2 Violins, Viola, Cello & db)
Now when I setup a score ex. 3 Cellos, and use this template I made for strings. Dorico load up to 3 VST Play.
When I load the same in Hellion SE, Dorico load only 1 VST instance.

Sorry but my english is not the best . .

Don’t worry, I understand perfectly. If you have three cellos but only one cello in your instance of Play, then Dorico will have to load three instances of Play, because it is not able to automatically load sounds in Play at all. If you know you’ll be needing three cello lines, I suggest you load them into an instance of Play yourself, and then save that as a playback template.

Hi!

Excuse me … my English is very bad.
Question: Is it even possible to use my East West Hollywood sounds in Dorico so that all articulations and dynamic levels are played as noted?

Is Inconica edited, so that it can be used together with Dorico … without any settings?

Best regards
Michael

Hi Michael !
No expression maps for Iconica yet, I’m afraid. I guess when it’s done, we will all know !

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your answer!
It’s a shame … could have been a alternative.

Many thank’s to all

Although I’m no no longer using it since graduating my sample library to Spitfire Audio a few months ago, I’ve posted my EastWest Symphonic Orchestra map (including Play .ewi instrument files) here. They cover your basic wind, brass, and string sections. Someone might find them useful starting points for developing his own maps.

I do have a percussion map (just for bass drum and a few other instruments), but I haven’t bothered to post it, since I seem to have misplaced the associated .ewi file.

1 Like

Hello Milo DC,
Thank you for sharing…
I had trained to make some articulations maps for Eastwest symphonic orchestra. (Violins and cellos with two or three articulations) It works well. A good training before moving to more complex banks.
Thank you for offering your personal files which will save a lot of time … Will you be able to specify the location where we should put these files:
The “.doricolib” file for example which does not look like the ones I have obtained so far. As for the “.ewi” files I suppose that one should not mix them with other files of this type which I have besides. Thank you in advance for your help.

I answer my question … All this works very well … by grouping all the files provided in a folder …
In fact when you are in the Play window you have to go to the read menu> expression maps and in the window that opens open the “import library” tab and search for the folder.
In this one select the file xmapewqlso.doricolib …
All articulations appear in the drop-down menu …
Many thanks again for Milo DC … Thanks to share your work.

1 Like

A few people have sent me private messages, asking for (hopefully) updated links to my instruments and maps.

I keep them here, now.