East West Play not showing up

Deleted blacklist files, restarted Dorico and Play still not there.

See attached DOS screen grab… it looks like the same exception as before, caused by PACE

Obviously 6.1.5 didn’t include the fix.

Nick, Are you still using Dorico 2.2.20 per your signature?

Yes.

I’ve tried myself with Dorico 2.2.20 and Play 6.1.5 and it works.
I guess that in your case the installer did something wrong and did not replace the old version of Play.
Try to move Play.vst3 out of the way and run the installer again, then do that command line thing again. Still the same?

Did all that… still the same. Evan ran the installer direct from EastWest’s site but no luck.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (674 KB)

Hi Nick, I’m not in the office today, but I will come back to you tomorrow.
I will then send you a file and we’ll try something out.

Hi Nick, I’ve just sent you a private mail with some instructions and a download link.

Hello,

In the topic: “East West Play not showing up”, Ulf sent Nick private instructions on downloading and fixing the problem of East West Play not showing up in Dorico 2.2.

Since I’m having the same problem, would it be possible for me to obtain those instructions and links as well?

I started this as a new topic to (I hope) avoid bumping the old one. If I still wound up doing that, it was unintentional and I apologize.

Dave

Hi Dave,
also Nick’s case is not settled, yet, we still have to try something more. I will keep you in the line with the things I do with Nick.

How about your issue, do you also get the same PACE exception when running the vstscanner?

Hi Ulf,

I understand regarding Nick’s case not yet being settled.

Yes. I did get the same result. The PACE exception was the same when I ran the vstscanner in a DOS window.

I’ve included a picture below.

The Play plugin shows up fine in my other software that also has VST3 compatibliity.

Hi Ulf, Hi Nick,

I solved the problem!

Nick, try this and see if this works for you.

1- If you hadn’t done so already, launch your iLok License Manager.
Sign into your account. Click on the “Help” feature at the top.
You will see “Check for Application Updates”. Click on that. It should inform you that an update is available. One of the buttons you will see there, is the “Update” button.
Click on that “Update” button.
Follow the instructions. Do NOT close the software while it is downloading the update, or the updating window will close too. You would then have to start over. The Manager (software) will close on its own, as the update completes.
2- When the update is complete, a window will open up to tell you that a reboot is required for it to work. Go ahead and reboot.
3-This step is not strictly necessary, but I recommend it to make sure the new version is working properly.
Once you logged back into your computer, launch your iLok License Manager, and sign into your account. If you find no problems go ahead and close it.
4- Go into your “C:\Users<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine2_64\VSTAudioEngine2 VST3 Cache”, and delete or otherwise, remove “vst3blacklist.xml” from that directory.

After that, launch Dorico, and see if Play shows up among your instruments.

This worked for me, and I hope it works for you.

Best of luck,

Dave

Hi Dave,
glad to hear you solved it yourself and thanks for the detailed instructions.
And you are right, I think this is exactly what also Nick needs to do.

Just heard from Nick that the iLok/PACE update also did the trick for him.

Glad to hear it.
Thanks for letting me know.

I’m in the same boat but with both the VST2 and VST3 plugins with Cubase 10.5. I can’t get the VST2 version reactivated from the Plugin Manager.

I updated my iLok License Manager to the latest. No luck. Help?

I have a mountain of crash logs I could send your way. Persistent ntdll.dll issues. This was working just fine just the other day, but now a total uninstall/reinstall hasn’t helped, trashing the preferences, updating iLok… nothing helps. Help?

You know that you are here in the Dorico forum?

And have you really updated both, i.e. not only iLok but also the East West software to the latest version?