Eastwest PLAY player installation problems

I’m rebuilding one of my 64bit win7 machines and I’m having troubel getting my eastwaet PLAY instruments to show up on boot of 32bit N5 …

The new 3.0 PLAY install won’t let me install the 32bit version because it says it’s not compatible with the 64bit Win7 OS … (makes sense)

I currently have the play64.dll installed in the 64bit common files directory …
I’ve tried copying it to every VST folder I can find (32bit as well) with no results …

Anybody know the secret - I’t got to be something minor …

Thanks

This is an EW issue, not a Nuendo issue. There is absolutely no reason for a 32bit plug not to install on W7 64bit. Unless it is badly coded. AFAIK Nuendo and Cubase are both supported hosts, so EW should be able to sort this out for you.

DG

could it be a case of extracting the 32bit installer on an older machine so I can get the play32.dll and copying it over to my 64bit machine into the correct folders?

I assume not since the actual VST player installed is 64bit …

I’ll try loading the older 2.x player and see if I can get that working…

Here’s the question???

Is anybody out the running the EastWest 3.0 “PLAY” player on a 64bit Win7 OS machine running Nuendo 5.5 32bit?

if so - How?

thanks

I should mention that I am able to load the PLAY 64bit VST player as a stand alone app and see my instruments just fine. They just don’t show up when I boot into N5 32bit.

OK - I finally got this sorted out…

after an uninstall - I reinstalled the 3.0 64bit play and was prompted as to where to install the 32bit dll…

It defaulted to common files which did not work … I moved the dll to the steinberg VST folder and it shows up now …

of course it did not know where my Instruments and Samples were (that were on my Sample drive) so from the stand alone player you have to navigate and add them to it’s browser … just your basic pain in the ass…

sorry for the firedrill - but based on the response - we all would have died!