Echo or reverb when playing back through UR44

the UR 44 is shown has having outputs that are the two headphone outputs, and the FX bus, but the ACTUAL balanced outputs are not showing up.

This sentence seems to suggest a misunderstanding of the ur44 routing.

There are ONLY 2 MIX buses and 1 FX BUS.
MIX Bus 1 goes to physical outputs Phones 1 and optionally Phones 2, Main Output and Line Output 1/2
MIX Bus 2 goes to physical outputs (optionally) Phones 2 and Line output 3/4.
FX Bus returns via 2 Return Level controls to Mix Bus 1 and Mix Bus 2 respectively.

Since you can see what you refer to as "two headphone outputs and FX bus"your UR44 is working correctly. The routing is just misunderstood.

My next guess on the routing issue then is…

Do you have the RETURNS from the FX Bus to the two mix buses set to -infinity?
They are set to 0 in this screenshot - you want them turned down.

Page 33 of the UR44 operational manual has the routing diagram though I found it took me a little while to understand that the DAW can see the FX Bus - but it has no physical output. The DAW can see all the inputs, both Mix busses and the FX Bus.

Also note the bottom of that page shows how you can set the DAW input placement, after Ch strip, before Ch strip (useful when you want reverb for tracking but no recorded), or disabled. So this is the other place to check your routing. Again you find this setting in Cubase.

In my default setup I run Mix 1 as my Main channel and outputs and Mix 2 is a headphone channel. I can then run Mix 2 with RevX providing realtime FX when tracking vocals using a Cue channel) - The Reverb return for Mix 2 is just turned up to provide the realtime reverb. Mix 1 stays at -infinity so no reverb there.

1 Like