Editing Chord Symbols

I figured out how to customize chord symbols and make them the default which is great and super easy. However, I can’t figure out how to make the default for the suffix apply to all roots.

Example: I changed the appearance of a C∆7 with the triangle positioned differently than the default. It works great, but only for a C∆7 rather than all ∆7 chords regardless of root. It seems like there should be a way to have my edited ∆7 work for all roots rather than having to type all the root possibilities.

I attached an image showing what I mean. The first chord is the edited one which has the triangle moved up.

Thanks for any help.

Aaron
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 1.29.56 PM.png

Thus far there’s no quick way around this. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Thanks for the reply. That seems like such a basic editing function. It would take tons of time to build a custom library if you had to create a chord with every possible root. I hope they change that.

For this specyfic case, you can go in engrave mode-options-chord symbol and select “apice” for the type of chord.

isn’t this setting
MajorChordUp.jpg
doing what you need?
(it puts the triangle [not only “maj7”] to superscript)

Maybe I’m a dummy, but I just can’t get Dorico to work the way I want it to. I played around with various parameters and now I just want it back to factory settings. I can’t seem to figure that out. I Googles trash preferences in Dorico with no results.

Aaron

At the bottom left corner of the chord symbols (Engraving Options) dialog box, there’s a button that says “Reset to Saved Defaults.” Hold down Ctrl and watch what happens to it…

Magic - thanks for the reply. Also, thanks to jefffrohner. That definitely helped.

Any news regarding this topic?
Applying chord symbols suffix to all roots?

There’s no better way at present than using the Project Default Chord Symbol Appearances dialog, I’m afraid.

Hi, I’m really well impressed with Dorico 4 new features.
Does Dorico 4 brings any news regarding this topic?
Applying chord symbols suffix to all roots?
Tks

No specific changes in this area, no, though there are lots of other improvements to chord symbols in this release.