Editing 'Default' Track Quick Controls per Plugin

I want to create a “default” set of Track Controls for each of my VST instruments. I can then load a VST sound from within MediaBay and assign quick controls of my choice to the 8 Track QC slots. The “Get Default QCs from Plug-in” option in the Track Controls menu seems to be fixed to whatever comes out of that plugin’s box. Can I change these Default QCs?

To be clear: I know I can “Save Preset”, from within the Track Controls menu, and have my Quick Controls appear as a selectable entry at the top of that menu, but that list can’t be organised or arranged in folders, so if I have too many VSTs they scroll off the top (or bottom) of the screen and are too clunky to be usable. I want to edit the intrinsic Default QCs for the vst itself.

I also know I can create individual Track Presets, and that would do part of the job, but then when I double-click a preset from within MediaBay it doesn’t load that preset into the Track Preset I just loaded, it loads into its own track without the Quick Controls, so that doesn’t work either.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that I completely agree! This would make using quick controls far more intuitive and smooth.

Hi,

Do you mean the Track Preset doesn’t load the Quick Controls assignment?

It seems like if you from the plugin use the dropdown menu next to the camera icon in the right corner that you can go to the Remote Control Editor. From there you can make a standard layout that I think will recall every time the plugin is loaded EDIT: NO! But it should be this way, it will make the quick controls 200% more useful.

I guess Cubase can only get default QC’s from VST instruments and not plugins?

EDIT: Now I think I am a bit wiser. I learnt about the Focus Quick Controls which doesn’t show up in the Quick Controls pane on the track but something different. I think if you change the Focus Quick Controls for a VST instrument and press Get QCs from… it will transfer the Focus Quick Control mappings - but this doesnt work with plugins.

1 Like