editing quesitons

Got Cubase LE 7 with Zoom R16 and have successfully recorded and brought tracks into Cubase, but having frustration finding and using basic editing tools. If you can send me to a good tutorial or something more detailed than or easy to access than the Cubase YouTube vids (or at least which ones address my questions) please do that otherwise, here are a few things I can’t figure out.

I can’t seem to create cycle markers. The add marker tool doesn’t exist in the marker window.
I can’t figure out how to place handles referred to in fades/crossfade section so I can raise/lower volume of sections
I would like to copy/paste a section of music to replace a similar section that wasn’t played well. What’s the best way to do that without punching in/out and recording the section over.

well, I figured out most of this – the manual said the fade handles would be blue, but they weren’t and I finally figured out the fade and the fact that volume could be adjusted by pulling the square in the middle of the clip (or is that called an event?). Also copy/paste function worked fine for me when I went back to it–I thought when I first tried it that pasting was inserting itself and pushing the rest of the track over, but I don’t know how I got that impression, because it worked fine. Never to figure out how to store cycle markers though.