Edvard Grieg: Sixtuplets as tremolo, special notation

hello, so far I wasn’t able to find a solution to notate these piano tremolo sextuplets.
I would like to keep the beam, it disappears when trying to apply the tremolo.
Here a screenshot from the Peters Edition (Leipzig, 1863), they probably rendered what the composer notated:
sixtuplets as tremolo

try with dorico

(as you can see, the dot after the Quavers also disappears when applying a tremolo)

The Engraving Option is set like this, but does not seem to make a difference - as it is valid for minim-tremolos only.

Engraving Options->Tremolos->Multi-note Tremolos

There is another print from 1885 [Oliver Ditson & Co., Boston], they rendered it this way:
Oliver Ditson & Co., 1885

Neither of the both notations I am able to achieve, so I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this tricky tuplet notation.

No idea how to do the top version, but the bottom version isn’t too tricky. Enter the first sextuplet normally. For the next sextuplet define it as 6:8 and enter 32nd notes (not 16ths). Then with Force Duration on, change the six 32nds to two dotted 16ths. This won’t play back as a tremolo obviously, but will display as your bottom example.

For the first example you could use the workaround showed by Pianoleo here.

In one voice write the sextuplets, using force duration to show two dotted eights in the place of two eights.
In the other voice write eights and use the tremolo notation there. Make both voices stem-up-voices and you can modify the placement of the tremolo sign by shorten/lenghten the stems in that voice.
imagen

Thank you Fred, I tried your solution.
It seems not quite straightforward, and I might have misunderstood a step.
I had to remove notes and then rests and do a beam-together, it looks like this:

I have now streamlined your suggestion and came to a result without forcing duration. Only the tuplet numbers “6” are offset - and I still have to adjust their position in the following example:

Thanks rafael,
hard work… but finally I managed:
sixtuplets, workaround

For me, as a player this looks absolutely fine and can be interpreted without any doubts.
Still I am also confused now: what would be the correct way of notating sixtuplet-tremolos, a way where I would not need workarounds.

You created a 6:8 16th tuplet, not 32nd in that top video. Obviously you’ve figured it out.

Hi k_b,
Gould says that this way of notating the tremolo is incorrect (p 226) and Dorico is following this criterion. That is why a workaround is needed.

FWIW, I agree with Gould (so does the Schirmer style guide), but this seems far from universal.

Stone pg 237

Ross pg 199

It would be nice if Dorico had an option to join quarter note tremolos here.

I agree (wishlist).
Thank you Fred and Rafael for all the examples, very much appreciated!
Most musicians instinctively do the right thing, when they see a measured or unmeasured tremolo, especially if there is a written out sample at the start.
There is an exception, I feel, with sixtuplets. They seem to have an inner rhythmical structure (3+3), that is why the notation with the two dotted notes feel correct, even if it is not.