Effect Channels/Send Effects

Maybe it’s a newbie question, but this one has been bothering me. So I understand the concept of having to create an effect channel so that several channels can share the same effects, and thus lighten up the cpu load. So far so good. What I don’t get is, once that’s done if I solo the Effect Channel I now can hear the effects of all the channels I sent there. This seems to be a bit inconvenient when I do a batch export and I get a wave file with all the effects on it. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to separate the effects in different channels, without bogging the cpu down? (Without bouncing) Thank you for your consideration. I have never worked in a studio, so I am learning all by myself…

Not quite sure what your asking but…

Solo the channel not the effect!

Or use mutes, ie mute everything you don’t want to hear!

OK, question: why do you need to do batch export?

If you’ve finished the mix and everything sounds good and you’re happy, then you’re done and don’t need to batch export separate channels…

I guess the only reason you would want to batch export separate channels would be if you’re doing the mix elsewhere or in another daw for example.

You can adjust the amount of ‘send’ level to the FX channel dont forget, so you can get your mix right using that control…