Effect Inserts-No Input signal

None of the effects plug-ins register any input even though the channel inputs are set up correctly and can still monitor the clean instrument. Recorded audio retain their effects and playing them back causes the effect interface to show an input signal. How can I fix it?

What is exactly your problem? Don’t understand your description…
Maybe you turned delay compensation off?

(post deleted by author)

I plug in my guitar to the input jack and set up the audio track in cubase ai 11. Everything works so far and I can record/monitor my guitar on the track. Then on the track inspector window I select inserts to add a new effect to the guitar. Though the effect window shows that it’s activated, there is no input signal showing as I play the instrument and my guitar sounds no different. It’s the same case for all my effects plug ins. Despite this, previous recordings I made with effects work normally and even cause the effects window/interface to show an input/output signal as the track plays back. All my projects in cubase suddenly have this issue

I’m still new to cubase and I probably messed with something while fixing another issue, but I don’t know what. Hope this clarifies.

1 Like

Much better description…
The send point to the monitor out is pre insert… this is called direct monitoring
so you have to deactivate DM to hear the FX, but this will add a significant delay to the signal…

1 Like

Thanks a bunch!

I saw that I had a typo in my response… will correct it…