Elastic Audio Varispeed equivalent in Nuendo?

First post here. Nice to meet you all.
Former Cubase user (VST 3.5-SX3) before going to Pro Tools for a while. Now I am back.

I’ve done numerous searches and I can’t find a clear answer. If the answer is clearly documented somewhere, please feel free to direct me there.

I am trying to transition to Nuendo from Pro Tools 11 HD, so far I am loving it. However I miss the ease of “Elastic Audio” particularly the “varispeed” option.

Is there any easily accessible equivalent in Nuendo?

What I am looking for is the ability to change the speed/length of clips on a track on the fly and have the clips behave as varispeed as if they were tape, so the pitch will scale with length change. If they are 100% by default, I’d like to be able to type in a value or drag clips to change them to 50% or 150% without leaving the Project Window.

Is this possible? If this is an dumb question, please tell me so and what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Go into the pool and change the timestetch algorithm for the file to the varispeed one.

Thanks, I had figured out that much. Now what? I keep thinking I am missing something really obvious.

Seriously. Feel fee to send me back to the manual, just tell me what I should search for!

Thanks

Multiple ways to do this:

• Select your time-stretch tool in the project window (click the arrow and change to “sizing applies time-stretch”) and then adjust events as needed.
  • Activate musical mode for audio files and then they will follow tempo changes
  • Open sample editor and under audio warp create some warp points

Depending on the intended effect you can also open the offline pitch tool and draw a pitch envelope (disable time stretching). Offline processes have a unique history so you can undo/modify these at any point.

Hi - you want to stretch/lengthen/shorten clips and have them behave like a varispeed (tape deck).

As ‘Likelystory’ says, many ways to actually perform the ‘stretch’ - BUT as he also implied, you need to choose your algorithm type, first…! So, look under Audio processing and functions → Pitch Shift or TimeStretch (page 404 - 412 in Cubase manual). Then, page 424 (in the Cubase manual, don’t have Nuendo), for explainations about all the different time/pitch shift algorithms available - ‘Elastique’ is the one you want, with the ‘Tape’ mode in particular.

Once you’ve chosen your algorithm, this is what will be used when you apply the ‘Sizing Applies Timestretch’ method from the arrow tool for instance.

Hope that helps,
Bob

Thank you very much for the help guys, this was the tidbit I Was missing:

• Select your time-stretch tool in the project window (click the arrow and change to “sizing applies time-stretch”) and then adjust events as needed.

Thank you for pointing this out to me.