Electric guitar polyphony when writing and playback

Hello!

I’m having a rather annoying problem in Dorico 3.5 elements (trial version).

When I write any note, that note and a bass note plays back. It doesn’t matter where on the staff it play it’s always the note I write and the same bass note underneath. I haven’t encountered this in any other instrument and I don’t see anything wrong in any of the setting.

I’ve tried googling but I haven’t found anyone having the same problem. :confused:

Welcome to the forum, Pojkur. I’m sorry to hear you’re having this problem, but I’m afraid I can’t quite understand from your message exactly what the issue is that you’re describing. Are you referring to the tablature automatically reflecting the notes you enter on the notation staff, or something else? Perhaps you could attach a little example project or a picture illustrating the problem so we can see what might be going on.

My guess is that it attempts to trigger a keyswitch due to the use of the wrong expression map. If that’s the case, do the following:

1. Enter Play Mode.
  2. In the right panel, under VST Instruments, click the cogwheel next to the VST instrument assigned to your problematic instrument.
  3. In the table row corresponding to your problematic instrument, in the ‘Expression map’ column, choose the correct expression map (if unsure, try “Default”).

Thank you Frigolito, that fixed it!

I just put it back to default!