Electronic Symphonic Orchestra production

Hi guys,

I’ve produced an electronic orchestra track with Cubase 8 and using East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold and Nexus Hollywood.

Let me know what you think about it! I hope you will listen to the full track and let me know what your thoughts are about it. It’s my first orchestra track and I loved producing it.

Youtube: RWinV - Instruments - YouTube
SoundCloud: Stream Instruments by RWinV | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Thanks in advance,

Erwin

Nice track!

I’m not an expert on orchestra’s at all so take my feedback with a heap of salt, but I hope it helps :wink:. There were 2 things I noticed:
First, this song allows for a big dynamic range but when listening it doesn’t really achieve that. The quiet parts are still fairly loud and busy, where you could opt for just a single, soft, fragile viola for instance to make the contrast with the epic crescendo’s much bigger.
Second, I thought everything sounded a bit too smooth. Often I had the feeling I was listening to a synth pad instead of strings. String instruments usually have a bit of an edge to them, and brass even more. I think this song could benefit from more of that.

It’s by no means a bad song though, so keep at it. Especially considering this was your first attempt!

Yes, I agree with Strophoid; nice track, and thanks for posting! It seems to me more a theme than a piece in that it stays in the same four chord sequence throughout. But you can develop that.

Thank you both for your feedback! I agree with your thoughts about it.

For a non-expert on orchestra’s your comment is very accurate. I agree with every word.

Nevertheless, Erwin, I like your score a lot and I’m sure that’s just a start

Thank you Zappaterro. I agree with the feedback so far as well. Making electronic music in this genre asks different kind of skills than other genres and I love to learn more about it. Therefore I am really thankful for the feedback.

Agree with previous comments & like it very much.
I can visualise the “girl gets boy after thinking he hadn’t survived” sort of scene with this music in background.
Very nice
Neil