eLicencer / dongle issues

Hi there,
I’ve not used Dorico for a while and when I came back to it I’m encountering the attached error messages. Any ideas what this means? It seems to be telling me that I need to activate the free trial, but I did this all a year ago and so I’m not sure what the issue is. When I hit repair Soft e-Licenser, an error message comes up about permissions. None of this has happened previously - I usually just put the Dongle in and crack on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

What permissions are attached to the USB eLicenser?
You seem to need Admin privileges to update the LCC: right-click on the LCC icon to have the option to run it as Admin.
The free trial activation only lasts for 30 days IIRC.

A similar thing happened to me; after a reboot and after running eLicenser as Administrator, performing Maintenance, everything went back to normal.

It’s a fairly common problem that after a Windows update, you need to run the eLicenser once as Administrator to get it working again - though that doesn’t seem to affect every Windows installation.

And it’s also a good idea to get the latest eLicenser Control Center software from https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html

Thanks everyone - it appears that running it as an administrator worked, but only after I shut down first (opening as an administrator was flagging a different error message initially). So it looks like perhaps a Windows update had thrown things off, but all looks to be resolved now. Thanks :slight_smile: