eLicenser Control Center concerns

I’m one of the ones that actually were able to update to CB 12 but since doing this I’ve run into other issues, mainly with CB 12 itself but also with the eLicenser.

So now when I start the eLicenser Control Center it starts with the Online Synchronisation & Maintenance and just hangs there for about 5 minutes. Then I get a popup window telling me:
———————————————————————————
Updating eLicenser License Database

A connection to the license server could not be established, either due to incorrect network settings, or because the license server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintenance work).

Please verify your computer’s network settings and try again later, or contact your software vendor’s support department in case the problem persists.

Click ‘OK’ to proceed with further maintenance tasks, or click ‘Cancel’ to stop the maintenance procedure.
——————————————————————————

Then it continues to sync and hangs again for a couple of minutes upon which I get the message:

Sending eLicenser Information

The Soft-eLicenser stored on this computer doesn’t seem to have been created on this computer.

Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.
And the finally it says:

The ‘Online Synchronization & Maintenance’ procedure finished. Some problems occurred. Details are listed below.

Step 1: FAILED (Updating eLicenser License Database)
Step 2: OK (Repairing Soft-eLicenser)
Step 3: OK (Validating License Usage Periods)
Step 4: OK (Cleaning up eLicenser Memory)
Step 5: OK (Recovering License Transactions)
Step 6: FAILED (Sending eLicenser Information)

At first I just thought that the server was being overrun or updated but after a few days nothing has really changed. Now all my software does seem to work but I’m worried that I might have issues in the future when updating. Scary times indeed.

You can reactivate that license. You might have to remove the faulty Soft-eLicenser also. More info for this is at https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206632670-Soft-eLicenser-virtual-license-container-is-missing, it’s the eLC Installation Helper portion you need.

This is due to the overloaded server, but that was temporary, since the maintenance did finish properly

Thanks for information. I did as it asked and installed the eLC Installation Helper but still step one seems to fail.
The ‘Online Synchronization & Maintenance’ procedure finished. Some problems occurred. Details are listed below.

Step 2: OK (Repairing Soft-eLicenser)
Step 3: OK (Validating License Usage Periods)
Step 4: OK (Cleaning up eLicenser Memory)
Step 5: OK (Recovering License Transactions)
Step 6: OK (Sending eLicenser Information)

I no longer see my Cubase 11 LE soft license.

Did you reactivate the license?

I see, no I did not. I’ll try now

1 Like

I tried to reactivate. I put in my soft eLicense number and it registered successfully. Started the eLicense control center and got the same messages:

A connection to the license server could not be established, either due to incorrect network settings, or because the license server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintenance work).

Please verify your computer’s network settings and try again later, or contact your software vendor’s support department in case the problem persists.

Click ‘OK’ to proceed with further maintenance tasks, or click ‘Cancel’ to stop the maintenance procedure.

I clicked on Maintenance and the same thing happens again. When I click on “reactive” in my products I get the message: * There is no Soft-eLicenser to reactivate. It feels like I’m running in circles here.

I think (re)installing the software might generate a new license container. Just the highlighted file.

Ok, I did that and now my eLicenser is running without errors however I still do not see my CB11 LE licence. Oddly enough CB LE will open up and run.

Well, I suppose it’s fixed in the sense that your licensed software is running.

Thanks, you’ve been very helpful. But what happens when I get a new computer? Since CB 12 is now “dongle-free” I was hoping to transfer my LE version to another computer eventually.

So, this morning I tried to start CB 11 LE and I get the message “No Valid license found. The program will quit now”. What the hell? Have I lost this license somehow? I’m very confused now. When I upgraded to CB 12 from CB 11 (Pro version) did I have to forfeit all my other licenses? I’m getting aggravated now.

I don’t think you need to worry about forfeiting any licenses.

Maybe this is something about which contacting Steinberg Support would be fruitful

Is your license still shown in eLicenser Control Center?

No, it is not. And when I go to My Steinberg page and choose “Show eLicenser based products” and choose “reactive” it says " * There is no Soft-eLicenser to reactivate."