eLicenser & Cubase 9.5 Elements not working

Hi,
I was just using Cubase 9.5 elements a few days ago, now when I try to open it, the program hangs and won’t open. I suspect it has something to do with the eLicenser so I uninstalled my current version and installed the most recent one from the Steinberg site. When I try to open it up I get the following error:
“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)”
elicenser error.jpg
It only gives me the option to close the eLicenser. I have to force close Cubase through the task manager. I’m running Windows 10 with the 1803 update but that updated back in May 2018 and I’ve been using Cubase frequently since then. This issue seems to have just started in the last week. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks for your help.

Update: Actually I can get Cubase to open but when I click on the elicenser from my desktop I get an error message. I’m experiencing a similar issue with 2 programs that I have a soft iLok license (Xpand & Hybrid 3). I can open Cubase and start a project but when I add a track with one of those programs, Cubase hangs up and I have to force close it. Is anybody else experiencing these issues? It seems that the Cubase elicenser and iLok license manager are trying to validate something but they’re not able to talk to the other end. I haven’t changed anything with my computer in awhile and am just stumped as to why the programs worked about a week ago, now they don’t.