eLicenser Error after Changing Video Card

I received the above errors when booting Cubase after swapping my ATI video card for a fanless nVidia one. So I booted eLicense Control Center and it said I needed to “Repair” it. I did this. When complete (it said it was successful), I saw this screen indicating that my MP3 Encoder has expired:

Is this a result of the above errors? Am I supposed to have a permanent license to the MP3 encoder? I own the full Cubase 6 version, which I would assume would come with unlimited MP3 encoding, but honestly I always use SoundForge to do my MP3 encoding so I didn’t even realize the MP3 encoder had its own license separate from Cubase 6.

Cubase definitely includes that license, I use it routinely, and I remember reading in some post about similar weirdness having to do with the license scheme for lower steinberg products… Maybe it’s just a spurious error and you can carry on about your way… Did you try export mp3, just to see if the C6 license allowed it?

I didn’t try because it tells me I have 20 encodes left (at least that’s how I interpret the second picture I attached).

Heh, expired, and has 20 encodes left. Sounds like an error. Why not throw caution to the wind and risk one encode? Then you’ll know at least something…

You should be OK.

See:-

James

Hi there,

To solve the problem:
Please download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center from the website “www. elcc.eu”.
Please close all programs and delete the file “SeLicenser.sel” from the following path:

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Syncrosoft

Windows Vista 32bit, 64bit / Windows 7 32bit, 64bit
C:\ProgramData\Syncrosoft\

I’m super confused now because in the thread linked above Bernard says that everybody sees the same thing for the mp3 encoder so I need do nothing and it will work.

But directly above you state that I must install a different version of elicenser (c6’s version is the one I have). Don’t want to do that if I don’t have to. Cubase 6 is running ok.