Hi, I’m having some interesting issues with my eLicenser on Win 10 / Cubase Pro 8. I have filed a support request but would be interested if there is any feedback/similar issues seen by others. (I figured the support request would be OK as it relates to the eLicenser which is signed off as Win 10 compatible, rather than Cubase itself). Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I wasn’t sure where to put it…
I’m getting this error regularly when opening/doing maintenance with eLicenser control:
'Application ‘LCC2’ has caused the following error:
USBDeviceOS_Finish expected but received:
- Click to abort.’
And also ‘No valid License found. The program will quit now.’ about 80% of the time when starting Cubase. (After the latest reinstallation of eLicenser control it is 100% of the time…).
Earlier today, I was able to sometimes click through the errors and it worked (even this seems to not work now).
One time I started Cubase it showed the Cubase Artist splash screen…
Fixes tried -
- Clean Cubase re-installation
- eLicenser control re-installation (many times…)
- eLicenser dongle in different USB 2.0 ports
- Removal of other USB devices
- Most other USB devices place in a powered hub etc.
- Check eLicenser dongle works on my Win 7 laptop (it does, and it worked on my Win 7 desktop prior to the Win 10 upgrade)
I’ve sent off for a new eLicenser dongle just in case. My one is quite old (Cubase 4 era I think)
Any thoughts would be appreciated.