eLicenser Problem

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum. I downloaded and installed Cubase Artist 9.5 (Mac Version), but can’t run it because the eLicenser is not working properly.

At first it didn’t show me a hard drive option for downloading the License, so I installed the elc-installation-helper and the hard drive showed up. However, whenever I enter my activation code (that is recognized), and move to the “Select eLicenser” window, I see the hard drive in light grey with a red stop sign on it, and I can’t choose it. Below I would have this message:

“Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer.”

All help is appreciated,

Elie.

You can’t put the license for Cubase Artist on a hard drive, it needs to go on a USB eLicenser.

They can also be bought from third parties which, depending on where you are might work out quicker and cheaper.

As you probably have guessed, you need an hardware USB eLicencer. You cannot register the program on a soft-eLicencer like the one installed on your hard drive. You really need that hardware eLicenser. That’s not all bad news. The hardware eLicencer has some advantages, like using Cubase Artist 9.5 on any computer the USB device is connected to.

Anyway - You can order and buy that eLicencer on the Steinberg website: USB-eLicenser | Steinberg

You might get it cheaper in some music stores. My local supplier (BAX Music) sells that device for about €18, so I bought my one over there.

[Edit]

And too late again… Nhhgg… :smiley:

[/Edit]

Thank you JClosed and planarchist for your quick replies, much appreciated.

I didn’t know I could buy it from a local store, I had ordered it online along with the software but thought I could start using Cubase with a soft eLicenser while waiting for the shipping.

Elie.