elicenser servers down?

For those in need. I just managed to download my License… don’t over load it now you hear!.

As of today Frid 19th Feb 2016 - I’ve been able to activate my upgrade to Cubase Artist 8. To Steinberg tech people, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Any ETA on when the elicenser website will be back up? I’m migrating all my files and folders over from a system restore and I need to reinstall it, and the website currently is broken.

They are back online since yesterday morning.

Elicensor is working! yay! Thank you for giving us Elicensor! Elicensor is the best copy protection ever! You guys are so awsome!

The servers may be back online but the website is displaying like this

###content_center### ###content_left### ###content_left_all_pages###
###content_right### ###content_right_all_pages###

The Cubase installer should still install elicencer control for you and updating control centre from inside the software is also working.

got an email from amazon saying email and password (same details as my steinberg site ) had been compromised and were available on the internet coincedence that steinberg site down( hacked ???) time to come clean steinberg if hacked say so so others can change details

Have you confirmed with Amazon by direct contact (NOT via that mail) that this mail is legitimate?

yes can confirm email asked me to go to website(amazon ) and request new password then change all details (NOT CLICK ON OR FOLLOW LINK )

I didn’t know Amazon had anything to do with password . Did you go to Amazon like the email said? What was the response?

Amazon has nothing to do with the SB account password. bigmalh64 is simply saying he received that notice around the same time the license server was down.

(edit: a little more to it than than, see below)

I was questioning how Amazon would have any info at all about Steinberg’s password, which I thought is what his email suggested was the case.

i am at work at the moment when i get home i will post the email amazon sent me and yes you have an email address and password attached to your account to keep track of orders etc i just happend to use the same email and password for both amazon and steinberg accounts it just seems a bit of a coincedence with my steinberg going down and steinberg not really saying much about it especially on the asknet site where you could still buy products even though they knew you wouldn’t be able to register i.e USE them

Amazingly enough that clarified it for me, despite not having any paragraphs, periods, commas, or capitalized letters. It’s almost like performance art, but communicating!

Thanks -

I just haven’t installed Cubase on this build yet, just wanted quick access to Nexus and The Grand 3, but thankfully the website is fixed now! Happy days!

as promised this is what i was sent by amazon

Hello Mal Helsby,

This is an important message from Amazon.

At Amazon we take your security and privacy very seriously. As part of our routine monitoring, we discovered a list of email address and password sets posted online. While the list was not Amazon-related, we know that many customers reuse their passwords on several websites. We believe your email address and password set was on that list. So we have taken the precaution of resetting your Amazon password. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but felt that it was necessary to help protect you and your Amazon account.

To regain access to your Amazon customer account:

1. Go to Amazon and click the “Your Account” link at the top of our website.

2. Click the link that says “Forgot your password?”

3. Follow the instructions to set a new password for your account.

Please choose a new password and do not use the same password you used with us previously. We also highly recommend that you chose a password that you are not using on any other sites. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Amazon

Did you use that email/pass on any other sites besides Amazon and Steinberg?

Anyone think its odd that they didn’t receive an email from Amazon?

I didn’t get this ‘reset password’ email and I get stuff off Amazon fairly often.

Just curious.

It appears that Amazon.com is doing a good thing. Searching for files online that contain emails and passwords that match up data in their system, and then force a password reset on all the matching accounts. Then they sent out that email. If you use the same user/pass/email I imagine they would send one to you, so I’d say it’s not odd that you didn’t…

I think some of the questions relate to wondering whether Cubase was hacked, and the passwords used are now compromised.