eLicenser!!!

Every time I start up Cubase there is something which causes some heartache!

Regularly I get an error message about the eLicenser Control which either cannot read my USB dongle or some other nonsense that means I have to re-verify my license.

I AM NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET FOR A VERY GOOD REASON - IF IT WORKS THEN I DON’T WANT ANY UPGRADES OR OTHER STUFF TO COME AND MESS UP MY WONDERFUL SYSTEM

Sometimes I cant start Cubase, sometimes it is the soft instruments and no matter where I plug the bloody thing in it needs a restart and its as if nothing ever happened. I cannot run a studio like this…I resent having paid for my Cubase (and a 9 upgrade I cant use without upgrading all my plugins and soft instruments that are now not compatible) then having to be held up because Steinberg have to stop scammers knocking off their software - this is not good enough and a different system needs to be found - in my humble opinion.

Also I want to use Cubase at two different locations without having to carry my dongle around - is this too much to ask?

Rant over - any suggestions to get more stability welcomed

If you have a very old USB eLicenser, it could be dying. Replacing it with the new smaller model will most likely get rid of all error messages, unless you’re having some kind of computer issue. You can move the licenses by dragging and dropping.

jBridge will allow you to run 32 bit plugins in Cubase 9 and above. It usually offers far better compatibility, stability and performance compared to the old internal bit bridge. If you’re using a Mac, 32 Lives is also an option.

Lastly, download the latest eLicenser Control Center:

Save this installer to a flash drive and use it to update the eLCC on every computer you use for music. It’s a good idea to run the Control Center and click Maintenance at least once to cleanup the dongle’s memory.