Ellipsis in hanging punctuation

I’m very happy with the new function to ignore punctuation when positioning lyrics! But it seems the ellipsis (U+2026: … ) is not included. When I type three full stops the placement of the syllable is fine, but when I use the ellipsis the syllable shifts. I am sure the ellipsis is displaying correctly in Dorico, I compared it with three full stops. So that is not the problem.

Could this be included as well in a next update of Dorico? Or am I missing something?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, Lodewijk. You’re right that the horizontal ellipsis is currently excluded from the set of characters that Dorico considers as punctuation, but this will indeed be addressed in the next update when it arrives soon.

3 Likes

Hello. I have also noticed that Chinese (full-width) punctuations are now not considered as punctuations. Hope that feature could be added too. Thank you!

This is something we might be able to look at adding… Do you have a list of the characters that should be excluded (ideally with their Unicode numbers)?