Equivalent to NI Bass

Hi All - I am a new user of Halion 6 - looking forward to getting involved in the discussions here.

I have a quick question if I may - I watched the FM Si Hulbert Cubase video

and he mentioned that he used the NI Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass VST instrument.

Is there any equivalent of that available for Halion 6 or do people generally use the NI instruments?

Many thanks for reading.
Mike

I have all the Scarbee basses and they are very good but Halion has some really fat sounding basses as well. Select the Halion Factory Library in the Halion media bay and choose bass as your catagory or sub category and go through them. I’m really fond of the fingered basses but there are some “Rickish” sounding basses also. I haven’t seen one that says Rickenbacker but you’ll probably find one that works.

Thanks very much, vintagevibe.

Do you (or others) think that the factory patches in Halion are equivalent in sensitivity and realism to the NI instruments? I have tried a few of the Halion basses but I have not tried the NI instruments…

I’m new to the full version of Halion Sonic 3 but from what I can tell the HS basses don’t have the level of articulations and control that the NI Scarbee basses do. Scarbee has all the hammer-ons, pull-offs, switching between open and fretted strings and other things I can’t think of at the moment. I haven’t found nearly that level of control on the HS basses but, come to think of it, I haven’t looked for any key switches or layers. There are some nice fat, growly basic Fender type sounds to be had though. My favorite Scarbee is the P-Bass and for the basic sound HS could mes pretty close.

Thanks for your help, vintagevibe!